Dear Valued Patients,
No doubt, you have seen the news about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the growing concerns as it continues to spread worldwide. We want you to know that as your OB/GYN healthcare provider, we remain wholly committed to keeping you healthy and staying true to the trust you have placed in us.
There is an abundance of information— and misinformation— about COVID-19 out there. We encourage you to seek professional, scientific sources for your decision-making. This is not a time for fear or panic, but preparedness and sound reasoning.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and taking best practices and protocols from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html and the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) http://alabamapublichealth.gov/infectiousdiseases/2019-coronavirus.html.
In keeping with their guidelines, we are taking the following actions for your protection:
- Cleaning all surfaces that our patients could come in contact with viricidal cleaning agents throughout the day.
- A 1 VISITOR policy has been initiated.
We encourage you to take the following precautions, as well:
- CDC’s updated guidelines recommend using a mask if you are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.
- Do not go to work or any public space if you have a fever or flu-like symptoms.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when sneezing or coughing. Use your elbow or shoulder if no tissue is readily available.
- Keep your hands away from your mouth, nose, eyes, and face.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Disinfect your personal space.
- Stay informed about risk factors.
If you have symptoms that could be consistent with COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue):
- Call us for advice about any OB or GYN condition.
- Call the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) or visit their website (http://alabamapublichealth.gov/infectiousdiseases/2019-coronavirus.html) for information and instructions about screening for COVID-19. There is an online consultation form or they will screen you over the phone and advise you if testing is indicated.
- Baptist Health has launched two Coronavirus Care Clinics. You must call (334) 747-0150 before going to the drive-through testing site, located at the former Governor’s House AFC PriMed facility on the Southern Boulevard and another location in Prattville. The phone line is staffed by Baptist Health personnel, the clinic will operate a 24/7 phone line and hold clinic hours 7 am – 7 pm, all days of the week. We expect there will be more resources available and we will update this page accordingly.
These recommendations are changing on an almost daily basis. We will continue to follow them closely, so check back on our website frequently for any updates. You can be sure we will continue to monitor the situation and work with our team members to provide you with the best and safest care. Together, we will face this unprecedented situation with faith and careful review of the facts.
Finally, if you or a loved one are at high risk for complications from the virus (over 65, cardiovascular disease, lung disease, or poorly controlled diabetes), we urge you to consider rescheduling any non-emergent appointments.
With loving care,
The Physicians and Staff of OBGYN Associates